What is citizen science?
Follow these steps to complete your project:
1. Complete Focus on Wildlife identifications - After you have done the tutorial, take a screen shot of one picture. Then, create a brief report on this picture using Mr. Groth's example above. Print your picture and turn it in to Mr. Groth and Mr. Weimer.
2. Explore the Zooniverse projects and read about the projects. Who? What? Where? When? How? and Why?
3. Decide on a Citizen Science project to investigate for your final project
4. Go through the training/tutorial of the project you have chosen - take 15 screenshots along the way, and save them in a folder on your desktop labeled "Citizen Science"
5. Import all of your screenshots to your iPad by emailing them to yourself
6. Create an Adobe Voice project that accomplished the following goals:
-Give the audience an overview of what this project is about - include the WHERE, GOAL, HOW, and SCIENTIFIC QUESTION
-Teach the audience how to participate in the Citizen Science project you have chosen
-Include all screenshots that you took along the way, and record a short voice-over on each one (your project should only be a couple minutes long)
We encourage you to take a few bullet point notes on what you are going to say in your Adobe Voice project so your voice-overs are clear and concise.
7. Export your Adobe Voice video to your photo roll, and add it to the Citizen Science Google Drive folder.